View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Being a blackberry forum, everyone is going to tell you how much a blackberry rocks and kicks ass and is the best (hell it is).

But it has to be the right device for you. From what you've told us, I honestly think the Treo is good for you especially if you've had good luck with it (as in not crashing and getting it to work a good margin of the time).

I mean if your looking to leave verizon, all other carriers carry the Treo as well (except for t-mo now). I think the blackberry will be a plus in every category as in improvement. Except maybe syncing up with a mac. I'm assuming your using palm OS. I'm not familiar with macs so don't take my word for it. Email will just blow the treo away, but I dunno if the required monthly fee will be worth it to you which will be either anywhere from $20-$40 depending on carrier.

And yes there isn't as many apps for the blackberry, but the plus is its all java based. And the reason there aren't AS MANY apps for the BB is because it has to normally be aproved by RIM, they don't just let anyone write programs for the BB, they must ok it, which is different with Treo. Anyone can write anything (which causes lots of bugs and issues). Nontheless, there are still a buttload of apps for the BB.

And I heard of something called pocketmac or something (which is free) which should let you sync up your bb with a mac. Not sure on specifically what it does.

Last edited by BallHawk3 : 08-20-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote