View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
faithfullyclever

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Problem fixed

I called T-Mobile, which is my carrier, and they helped walk me through a reset and restore... I think everything starts to get a little confusing when you start to mix software, phones and carriers. I found out that Telenav does not support my 8700c on the T-Mobile network. Only with the cingular network. To fix my original problem of the constant reboot freeze, I took the battery out and tried hooking it up to the blackberry desktop. Eventually it worked... I downloaded the 8700g software of which previously I had the cingular software. I run into problems occasionally with my blackberry destop software sometimes now. When I plug in my phone and open the software, imediatly, if it feels like it, it has to close. To solve this, I open the software first, then connect via USB. I don't think I have had a problem with the software when I have done this. I guess so much for Telenav for the time being, perhaps I can try Wayfinder when I am able to afford it. I was trying to test out the free trial of it, but it was asking for a code or something, of which I gave up trying to figure out how to obtain it. It asked me to sms them, but I am not sure I did it correctly, because I never got a response... Anyway, thanks for any help before.