View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
ptrewhella

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Lightbulb Another Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by juroku View Post
My MacPro is only three weeks old, so it does have the Sprint PCS VIsion script. It does the same thing as ClayK described. I actually tried that right off the bat the first time the WWAN did not work.
Can you successfully connect to the 8830 as a BT modem under Windows? This is what I would try next. In fact, you could even just see if it works as a tethered (USB) modem under Windows. I really believe now that it is a problem with the way your plan is set up on Sprint. I believe this because I had the exact same problem until Sprint set up my plan correctly. Are you able to browse the internet from the phone (using the built-in web browser)? I would talk to Sprint customer support (yeah, I know, I don't like waiting on the phone for 40 minutes either ) and ensure that they have enabled PAM (Phone as Modem) for your account. It seems to me that your settings are correct on the Mac and on the 8830. The only thing left is the account setup. This could be verified if you experience the same problem under Windows.
Offline   Reply With Quote