Another exiting day spent with Sprint Business Technical Services. Actually the woman that helped me was very pleasant and helpful, but unfortunately nothing was fixed. I think at least I confirmed a couple of things. She confirmed I am on the "new billing service" but as far as she was aware it should not effect the phone. It was simply software that they use to access the account, and she said it really has nothing to do with the service side of it. She confirmed (for the fourth time) that I am on the BB unlimited, I am on the CDMA, and I do have the appropriate PAM code on the system. She even re-initialized the phone and I reset it as well. We went through the set up step by step on the PC and it always came back with the #678 error.
So we confirmed it is the phone, not sure what it is yet. Sprint at least says that it should not make any difference whether it is on the new billing system or not, but I am not sure she really knew as it has not come up much I guess (yet). My ticket number from Sunday is still active and I will get a call at some point I presume and I will hopefully get this thing working on windows at least.
I wish I had more for those of us that are still having issues.