Thread: JL_Cmder
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #190 (permalink)
darrelldw

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default RIM - why create a device that requires another device and another OS to wipe it?

RIM - why create a device that requires another device and another OS to wipe it? The reset button behind the battery door doesn't wipe the device, so why not build in a button on the system board itself to wipe the device and hide it under the case so average users can't accidentally wipe their devices but technicians can? Why do I need to connect my Blackberry to a Windows based PC to wipe it out? Where's the "easy button" on the device itself?

Nevertheless, AT&T and RIM couldn't help me wipe my device. My 8700c is stuck in a continuous power cycle and I can't get it to wipe... all because I lost my network connection while downloading InfoSpace to my device. I followed these 2 instructions for JL_Cmder precisely on 2 different computers with no success (the 2nd computer had USB 2.0 ports): How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ & What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ. When JL_Cmder actually wipes the device, what indication will I get? Will the 507 code on the device be my first indication that it wiped successfully or will JL_Cmder give me an indication that it wiped my device successfully?

Sorry in advance for my tone. I'm just frustrated with RIM - not JL_Cmder nor its creator nor the fine folks helping here on blackberryforums.com. Because of this forum, I have enjoyed my 3+ years of Blackberry use much more than I ever would have without it.