View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
cmguy

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Angry Mapquest Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwbr View Post
I DL'ed this the other day and it did look good, but I could not get it to work with a puck and the 8300. And since I was well within a 30 day timeframe for trying all I can determine is that this app does not work with an 8300 and puck.

YMMV. I'd be interested to know if anyone with an 8300 got this to work with a BT puck. Specially, the app runs, but no GPS when you get a route -- like it looses the connection the the GPS (wierd).
I have been trying to get it to work and it does work about 20% of the time. It takes a long time to find the GPS, where Google Maps or Telenav can find the GPS in a few seconds. It loses the GPS connection as soon as the route is downloaded and cannot connect to the GPS after that if you are moving. If you make a wrong turn it instructs you to make a U-Turn and then trys to re-calculate the route and once again loses the GPS. Very frustrating. I sent and e-mail to the MapQuest Support and there has been no answer. I am in the 90 day trial period and I an thinking of removing it from my Blackberry Curve and just use Google Maps. I wish there was a GPS software that could be installed on the Blackberry and not have to rely on an online service and pay almost $10 a month for something that does not work most of the time.
Offline   Reply With Quote