View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sefirato
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask God by praying for my PIN :-)
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

I have Vista Ultimate here. My foray into installing the Desktop Manager / Device Manager was disastrous a few days ago. I am expecting my BB to show up tomorrow through UPS and I can't wait to play with it.

The install time took forever, it installed far longer than any programs being installed on my grandma's PII 333 MHz machine that she owns (hand-me-down). She's even running Windows XP on 256 MB of PC100 RAM, I believe!

Now, if the install time wasn't enough... the software including the media manager (the Roxio crap) was installed just fine, however it gave me huge glitches with both my Firefox and IE. I couldn't surf the web properly with these 3 installed on my system. After several hours of trying to figure out what went wrong, I decided to uninstall the softwares and all of a sudden the problems with Firefox and IE browsers went away magically.

Hm? I don't get it, what does the Managers have to do with these browsers? Isn't it only supposed to work with only the BB and Outlook? Stupid binary codes! I think it's dyslexic or something. ;)

I might as well try installing these managers again in a few minutes using Bru433's method. Wish me luck as no one really cares. at all.

My alternate method is to install on my wife's laptop, which is running MCE 2005 for now. That laptop will be mine in the foreseeable future (when she gets her new HP lappy with swivel touchscreen) and it will be installed with Vista. I can't live without it now. Well, except for the Desktop/Device Manager.

Pray for me. Hope it works. Yes, I'm religious.
Offline   Reply With Quote