View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
shiphen@gmail.com
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default Blackberry 8820 vs 8310

Hi, OP here

I have just spent a while talking to a salesman at Vodaphone who seems to know what he's talking about and knows all 3 cameras quite well.

I think the big problem with touch screens is that if they are on the outside of the phone, they tend to get scratched they become hard to use. So that pretty much rules out the HTC TyTn. To may way of thinking, the Nokia E90 'clamshell' design is fundamentally better than the Blackberry, simply because it has a much larger keyboard and larger screen area.

The big problem with the E90 however is that it's pretty heavy and also fat, making it difficult to keep in your pocket.

He was clearly one of you BB enthusiasts (it's *so* hard to get an impartial view on this stuff, btw!).

His killer arguments where:
- Much better synchronisation with the BB and with ms Outlook.
- Much more robust/reliable/bugfree software
- And of course the smaller size in the pocket than the other 2 phones.

So I'm now pretty much sold on Blackberry. BUT he says the 8310 which was only released a few days ago in here the UK (1st Sep 07) is the best phone to go for. The big new thing being that the 8310 (unlike the 8300) has 3G.

Of course it also has GPS and a reasonable phone which might be of some use (although both slighltly marginal in my case...)

- Any views on 8820 vs 8310 ?

Ship
Offline   Reply With Quote