View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
swerveit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcsupport View Post
Hi, recently i'm pulling my head and contacted Blackberry support they're not usre about license issues. And after searching in internet for 1 hour, I still can't find the answer. I hope anybody can help me with your experience with license problems.

We have BES 4.1 and 20 BES CALS. And we have Exchange 2003 with 50 CALS. Then we have 70 email users, 20 Blackberry users and 50 users with only Outlook. In thise case, should I purchase 20 other Exchange CALS or does BES CAL also cover Exchange CALS?

And let's say we have 50 Exchange CALs and 50 Blackberry CALS and 50 users all using outlook and blackberry. If I want to add one more user who needs Outlook and Blackberry, should I purchase Exchange CAL only and set up POP email on his Blackberry so that we don't need to purchase BES CAL? Because Exchange CAL costs $67 and BES costs $100. If Blackberry can have Exchange email without going through BES by setting up POP email, I don't see any point to purchase BES CAL.

Does anyone have experiences on solving this complicated client license issues with BES + Exchange?

dude above is correct, every BB users that is on your BES will need one CAL.

you mind breaking that down to what the question is.?
I sell CALS and BES servers so do have experiance.

Last edited by swerveit : 09-18-2007 at 04:09 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote