View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
rsun
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t/T-Mobile/Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Memory problems on the 8830

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, we've been fighting an issue more recently with some of our Verizon 8830's. It's the normal problem of users complaining that their e-mails and call logs and such are disappearing. I have them check their memory and of course it's 0, etc. Once interesting, is that I just have to have them take the battery out and put it in, and they're back to 15 - 20 MB. I've asked the users to monitor it themselves and when they are under 4MB, just try taking the battery out and putting it in and see what happens. Viola, they have plenty of memory again. After fighting with Verizon that these problems "don't exist", they said, oh, it's addressed in the latest firmware. So we spent time upgrading loads of our users to 4.2.2.148, a couple months past, and guess what, we're back to where we started. Now after going back and forth again with Verizon, RIM, etc. they are now saying it's Sametime that's causing the problem. So we're running "BlackBerry Instance Messaging for IBM(R) Lotus Sametime(R)" 1.1.32, has anyone else tried removing this to see if the "memory leak" stops happening? I asked for an SDR on this, but they can't seem to produce one yet. Are we the only ones complaining?