View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
cchatagnier
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalEdge
If you look in the forums, both here and other sites, you will see that a lot of admin's are having issues with this right now. I spent hours on the phones with RIM and they have been diging through our log files. There are some comon error mssgs that we are finding when someone tries to send a invite or a calendar event from the handheld. I think they need to look at this as a major issue and the tech's and dev people have said that there are quite a few common issues that can cause this....but more and more people are seeing this and the "known fixes" are not working.

We have re-assigned the permissions according to RIM's specifications. Still not luck. We are experiencing the same issues as everyone else. Our next step is to completely delete the BESAdmin account from Active Directory and the Exchange and re-create it from scratch.

I completely agree with you that RIM should take this as a major issue and issue a specific bulletin with what needs to be done to correct this critical component. I have received tons of complaints from my user base.

Current - 8700g TMO
Previous - 7280 AWS, 7730 TMO, 7290 TMO
Long ago - 950 model (still have it)