View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
rustypixel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

For me, there was no learning curve using the keyboard as I'm coming from a Treo. But yes, the edge of the opening for the keyboard comes close to the keys and in particular, the keys to the left and the right are a bit harder to press. The keys at the top (left and right of the trackball) are not affected and neither are the lower keys (space bar, 0, alt, etc.) Again, this is just my experience and does not detract from the pros of the case. I guess the way I type, my thumb kind of slants to the right (on the right side keys) and to the left (on left side keys) and the closeness of the case prevents me from doing that so instead of landing on and pressing the "A", for example, I hit the edge of the case and have to rock my thumb into (or towards) the keyboard to fully press the "A". Again, this isn't an issue that should keep anyone from at least looking into the case. I have had it on there for three days now and I guess with a little practice I'm getting used to a different way of pressing the left and right keys.
It's a great case! Hey, I've known you all of 10 minutes... would I lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulator View Post
What do you mean by "hug the case?" Is it that it is too close to the side and bottom keys to type comfortably?

Out of my mind and out of control!

Last edited by rustypixel : 10-05-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Spelling boo-boo
Offline   Reply With Quote