View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
natan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan View Post
I would highly recommend NOT having your sent from address being your raw BB address. I would at least put a few other email accounts on your (assuming) BIS.

The emails I tested that took seconds were from Gmail to Gmail and Gmail to Yahoo.

I am running a from Hotmail to Yahoo/.Mac/Gmail now... Done.. The ones from Hotmail took 4 minutes. Pretty normal in my experience. Gmail ROCKS.
Thanks for the response. I do not want to give out my bb address but I want to receive emails on it (it is almost instant) and reply via my regular personal email.

When in T-Mobile BIS I set up my personal account (it works through IMAP). the emails when sent there are not receive right away. There is 10 or more min delay, where as my desktop email client receives the email right away. That is why I want to forward all my email to my BB address, but reply via my personal email, so that nobody sees my BB address. I am aware that I can set a different reply-to address in T-Mobile BIS for my BB email but I am looking for a better solution.
Offline   Reply With Quote