View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
mlowry

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default 8100, ATT, technical issues

Please Login to Remove!

Any suggestions are most appreciated!

I've got 3 different pieces of weirdness displayed by my 8100 (which I generally really like - way more convenient than my old one.

The first issue has to do with incoming e-mail being registered as some kind of blue folder instead of an e-mail envelope. This started about 2 weeks ago, and only happened to a few messages, but as of this morning it happens with every single incoming mail. Once the message is opened (whether on the handheld or on my desktop) I can no longer delete it from the handheld.

The second issue is the camera -- zoom stopped working. I always thought it was kind of annoying how sensitive the trackball was at thinking I wanted to zoom, but now it's no longer an option.

The third issue is Bluetooth. I originally set it up no problem with my car's system, paired up just fine and working like a charm. As of a couple days ago it can't ever connect to the car, just keeps saying "waiting for Bluetooth" when I tell it to connect, and then if I tell exit out of those screens and go back it tells me I'm connected -- but the car keeps saying no phone active.

My gut is to do reset of the operating system, since none of these issues seem related and I need to move on with my life, but I've never attempted something like this and want some pointers before I go for it.

Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote