View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Post Thanks: 0

Few people really understand the difference between causality and correlation and knowing the difference is key to troubleshooting versus simply assigning blame. However, even not knowing the difference it's clear that RIM is doing something right with millions of units sold. Either that, or their Kool Aid is really good. In any case, I have to agree that Desktop Manager is a stable app on stable systems.

Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what mazzer's issues and expectations were. I mean, I'd be real disappointed with my Blackberry too if I tried to make toast with it. There is definitely quite a bit of misunderstanding even though his original post is vague. The Blackberries ARE upgradeable. I know this as I've upgraded many from 3.6 and 3.8 to 4.0. I'm sure his defintion is different but he never clarified. It is user-friendly, assuming that you take the time to understand how the thumbwheel and escape key work (it's not rocket science). This input method is perhaps not as simple as pointing with a stylus but I personally have always had problems with stylus-based devices as the digitizers fail or fall out of alignment.

Office document support is pretty weak on the Blackberry, but I view it as more of a bonus feature that one can even view documents in the first place. I'd like to see better support for viewing attachments in general as it's currently very time consuming and awkward, but I'd hardly ditch my Blackberry over this. I'm not sure what is meant by "real color" but the 7290 and other newer models definitely have significantly better screens.

I would like to know what other push email devices he's checking into...

Last edited by takeshi : 06-24-2005 at 08:11 AM.