View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
tc490225
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Post Thanks: 0
Default CDO Helper Application - failure

Having the same issue. According to RIM CDO Helper is used to facilitate the "modification" of the calendar. We will get strange problems with our users where they are unable to send and recieve on the handhelds, reboot will resolve temporarily.. I have noticed that in the following registry location CDO__o_ profiles are building. Stop all BlackBerry services and DELETE the CDO__o_ entries and reboot the server.. be careful not to delete the BlackBerryManager and BlackBerryServer profiles, although, its not hard to fix if you do. Ill include a script to delete the CDO__o_ keys, use at your own risk. Obviously im not responsible for you environment.. test this first. This has saved my bacon on more than once. The information i am submitting doesnt prevent the issue, it just help to resolve the issue after its happening.. ANYONE KNOW WHY this is happening!?

Location of the CDO__o_ 's
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

'VBS to facilite deleting these.. TEST this first !
On Error Resume Next

Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001

strComputer = "."
strKeyPath = "Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles"

Set objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & _
strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

DeleteSubkeys HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeypath

Sub DeleteSubkeys(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath)
objRegistry.EnumKey HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath, arrSubkeys

If IsArray(arrSubkeys) Then
For Each strSubkey In arrSubkeys

DeleteSubkeys HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath & "\" & strSubkey
Next
End If

If InStr(strKeyPath & "\" & strSubkey, "CDO__o_") then
WScript.Echo strKeyPath & "\" & strSubkey
objRegistry.DeleteKey HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath
End if
End Sub
Offline   Reply With Quote