View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
sjk_s

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default BES Express setup via Smart HOST

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I am new to blackberry server and would like your guidance and suggestion for the new setup. Below is my current exchange setup

Exchange Setup :

All our emails are coming in and going out via an email security appliance i.e.
For all incoming emails -> come to Firewall - > security appliance -> Exchange Server
Similarly
For all outgoing emails -> exchange server - > security appliance ->out of Firewall

We are planning to install the BES Express software which is free version as we are not expecting more than 15 users.

Our exchange server is residing in our datacenter and we have a vpn tunnel from datacenter to our office with full access.

1) I would like to avoid setting it up on the same exchange server and was wondering if we can install BES Express running in our office and connect to exchange server running in datacenter via vpn tunnel ?

2) If the above will create issues, can I install vmware player on the exchange server which is a DC and run the BES Express Server via vmware?

3) Or for the current scenario installing on the exchange server is the only option ?

4) If BES express is installed in office and exchange in datacenter, in which firewall do i need to open the port 3101? in datacenter or our office ?

5) How will BES Express work via an smart host or email security appliance - what would be the actual flow of email - as I want all the emails to come and go via the email security appliance i.e. in either situations ie if BES is running in our office or if its running in datacenter ?

Pls let me know.

SJK
Offline   Reply With Quote