View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
cwokral

Model: 7250
Post Thanks: 0
Thumbs down PocketMac for Blackberry sync to Mac... Terrible[Sept2005]

Please Login to Remove!

Having tried PocketMac for Blackberry, and application that claims to support synchronization to Macintosh computers, it was a complete disaster.

When I first purchased the application, I downloaded it and followed the directions. The software wouldn't detect my blackberry. I contacted customer support. After more than a week, with no response or update, I finally received an e-mail indicating a new version would address this and I should download and install it.

I did this, and the software detected the blackberry. It started a sync and it froze during the synchronization. After 25 minutes of waiting with no update or progress indicated on either my computer or blackberry screen, I quit the process from the cancel button on the application. I then tried to check my contacts. It had crashed my Blackberry, and I had to reboot it.
I then discovered that it had deleted more than half my contacts from Entourage, selecting only those contacts that I seem to have accessed in the last year or so.

I contacted customer support about the problem. After not hearing back from them after a week, I tried again. Finally one rep got back and requested me to send files to them of the synchronization. I did, but for the next three 3 days had message failure notifications issued back to me from their server. A second rep now contacted me from my first inquiry, almost two weeks after first writing. He requested me to re-enter my problem/question as their server has problems, and they have a record that I opened a ticket, but none of the message was available to them. I contacted the first rep to inquire about the status of the help and the files I sent. It appears that the address they requested me to send attachments to can't receive attachments. I was given another address. I sent the files off. It's been two weeks, and still no update. I inquired about a week ago about any progress. I received no response.

I since tried another synchronization figuring that it has destroyed my contacts, but the other areas of Entourage synced fine (the Calendar, Notes, Tasks). This morning I discovered on the last synchronization it has deleted every Calendar entry and every Task.

This application is a complete disaster. I would strongly advise that anyone looking to sync to a Mac avoid it entirely and wait for another company to try their hand at this.