View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
J-Mac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

I have a few questions about this application. I have a different HTML reader installed and it has several idiosyncrasies that bother me. Mostly I'd like to know how BBSmart handles the same issues:
  1. How does BBSmart handle scrolling?

Currently I cannot scroll as my track ball is configured to scroll. I have it set to scroll a few lines at a time, but my present reader jumps a full page at a time and sometimes it misses an entire line or two - no way to see those lines unless I switch to plain text.
  2. Does BBSmart use the standard Blackberry messaging shortcuts?

My current reader uses some but not all of Blackberry's shortcuts. E.g., T for Top and B for Bottom work fine. Space Bar scrolls down a page at a time, but Shift-Space also scrolls down a page at a time instead of scrolling up - that is no good! There is no shortcut that allows me to jump up in the message at all, other than T to go to the top.

I also cannot scroll up a lot of the time. It does scroll up but it jumps a lot, and quite often it does not let me scroll up at all - I get to a certain point and after that it keeps jumping back down. I really hate that issue.

So, does BBSmart allow me to use the Space bar to jump a page at a time down and up? How about the other standard BB messaging shortcuts?
  3. Does BBSmart have any effect on outgoing messages?

My current reader automatically places an advertisement in place of my signature on outgoing mail, which is disgraceful, IMO, for an application whose entire purpose is to facilitate reading of Incoming mail!
Thanks.

Jim