View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
JRV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

As per the article, we have to call our provider. When I e-mailed ours, this was his reply:
I can schedule time with you to go through this uninstall process which will include the two of us conferencing with Nextel's tier three tech support who will be able to patch us into RIM's Tech Support.

Normally calling into RIM's Tech support is a billable call unless the customer has purchased T-Support and that is why Nextel has to do (at least) mild troubleshooting before connecting to RIM.

I wish they'd just document the removal in the KB. I haven't gone through it yet...I will not have an opportunity until at least late this week, and will have to keep restarting this server every day or two until I do.

I'll see how involved it is; I imagine there are more steps than I could record for documentation purposes and perform at the same time with a degree of confidence that I'd want others relying upon my instructions. This was a 15MB patch, remember! And there may be different removal scenarios depending on configuration, so it's probably best to do it RIM's way.