View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDot View Post
I can send/receive email to my gmail account doing it the regular way, but I don't see how you would access the different labels. FYI, these are the directions I was referring to:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...82&topic=12761

# Select the 'PersonalEMailSetUp' icon. (I don't have this icon on my BB)
# Enter your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com') but leave the password field blank.
# Select 'Next.'
# Select 'I will provide the settings to add this email account' and then 'Next.'
# Select 'Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP)' and then 'Next.'
# Select 'I will provide the settings to add this email account' and then 'Next.'
# Enter your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com') as the user name and your password.
# Enter 'imap.gmail.com' as the email server and select 'Next.'
# Select 'OK.'
# Below your newly added email address, select 'Edit.'
# Select 'Advanced Settings' at the bottom.
# Make sure that the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
# Select 'Save.'

Judging by that there is some additional setup required, but I have no idea where I should go in order to do it.
The icon I have is "Set up Internet E-mail". Everything else went fine. The main thing is to put the email addres, but not the password in the first screen. That way it will let you do the manual entry of the settings. Otherwise it figures everything else automatically.

It can also be done online. I tried it that way originally. Deleted the pop Gmail setting, then did IMAP. On the Tmobile website, it is under "Communication Tools", "Learn More" under email, then "Set up BlackBerry email" under BlackBerry. Couple other ways to get there on the site, but that works.
Offline   Reply With Quote