View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
johnling
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro322hp View Post
I tried to sync with my work and home PC using the BB as the middle man, and it just plain did not work.

I think part of the problem is that it doesn't do a "full sync" each time, I think it is looking at records of changes, or something similar. The symptoms I saw were (for example) editing a contact on my work PC, syncing with BB, having the BB properly pick up that change, then syncing with my home PC, and not having my home PC see that any change was made.

I tried a few times, but could not figure it out. I gave up and am now syncing with only one PC.
As my Pearl will not be here until tomorrow I will attempt to help with my Palm experience. In the palm environment this would be easy as you can tell the sync process on the second desktop that the handheld overwrites the desktop. The part of this process that I'm unsure of is the fact that I do not know if you can do this in the Blackberry Desktop manager.

The process could be reversed, If you brought home work, synced to your home computer, make changes then sync back to the handhels with desktop overwrites handhels, goto work and sync, handheld overwrites desktop.

I hope that makes sense but it will only work if the Blackberry Desktop Manager allows you to change the sync options. Until my Pearl arives tomorrow I can't even check on my end as the Desktop Manager will not go far enough without a connection.

I hope this will help at least be able to see if it is possible.

johnling

Last edited by johnling : 10-26-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote