| | Switching Phone Lines w/blackberry phones and carriers
Please Login to Remove!
Here is my scenario:
Want a new bb curve or 8820 from at&t or tmobile, havent decided on what to go with yet, been reading tons of articles, still not sure whats best in Maryland. Plus want to switch due to issue below.
Currently have 7130e with verizon and family plan (pay as go data), not up until march08. Rest of family in plan not switching. I also want to lower my plan to 1400 mins from 2100 and now verizon is forcing bb customers to get a data plan(fought on phone for several hours, wont make exception for me). I figured if i am going to save at least $20 a month by lowering my plan, might as well get a better phone.
Since I have $100 towards new phone at verizon.
1. Get a new Phone, goes to girlfriend with her number ported to it
2. Old Girlfriend phone gets a new number so my bb phone number can be ported to tmobile/at&t with my new bb phone
I know its a lot going on but would it be possible to port a number over and get a new line and not violate the user agreement. I basically will keep that "new number" until march 08 then drop it from verizon, plus since it wont be a bb i wont have to pay for data plan. Only pay $5 a month to keep the line since it wont use any minutes.
1. Anyone out there done something similar to this?
2. Any better suggestions or ways to avoid any early term. fees?
3. Whats the policy on switching numbers, can i just call verizon and tell them to apply a new number to a phone?
I hate to switch carriers but i am wasting $$ away on minutes i dont use and verizons phone selection for wifi and blackberry is poor. I think they only have one wifi phone. If i am going to be forced into a data plan i might as well have a cool phone to use it on.