View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
ederborges

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro
Post Thanks: 0
Smile Possible problem with OS

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm a beginner with Blackberry and I tried to make a simple test with my Blackberry. I installed JDE 4.3 and JSDK 1.5.0_13 in my machine. I took the HelloWorld example from blackberry.com and compiled it. It was fine, my application was running correctly with the Simulator. So I tried do Upload it to the Blackberry device (Blackberry 8700g) using the Desktop Manager. So when I try to upload the application an error occurred:

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your handheld's software. Please try again.
Unspecified error encountered [J:00000000A]"

And I was looking for it on Internet and I saw that it could be some incompatible between OS version and my application.

My OS is 4.1.0.351. So I found that I should update it. But I found that I couldn't do it before try to know if my carrier accept the update.

Well, my problem is that I'm not the owner of the Blackberry, I only want to make some tests. I can't update or change anything in Blackberry. I can download a new version of JDE, but I don't know exactly wich one will work to me.

Now my question, How can I do the HelloWorld application works with my Blackberry 8700g OS 4.1.0.351???

Thanks....
Offline   Reply With Quote