View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess
Yea, but thats where RIM has been fairly ignorant. They havent made anything for OS-X yet, and they havent introduced modem capabilities nor a public MDS like other cell phones have.

Will 4.0 change all this? I doubt os-x will be supported.. but the rumours say that the public mds thing will be solved.. maybe theyll solve the modem thing as well.
Why would they create anything for OSX? Their market is corporate users. 1% or corporations use OSX...it's not worth the dev effort at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple, it just doesn't make proper business sense. :\
Sure, major corporations in regards to large networks use Windows, solely because of low cost and high networking ability, but many corporate users, such as myself and many other that have complained on this, and other forums that there is no support for Blackberrys when it comes to OS-X. There is apparently enough of a market for a third party company to come in and create one, I highly doubt a third party company would waste their time on something there is no demand for.