View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
ImportSport
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: 317A6B02
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Question about Email Prioritizing.

Please Login to Remove!

I picked up my VW Pearl on Wednesday and have spent the last two days getting to know the in's and out's of the BB device in general. These boards have been immensely helpful as have other sites.

I have been left with a question about email addresses.

I have a personal address setup that pulls in emails periodically. This address is my bulk work address and receives a ton of emails. Because I am not willing to risk loosing emails to a spam filter I just tag spam and review it later.

With the BB I would prefer to put a spam filter in-line. I have choosen to approach this by forwarding my email to a gmail account then reforwarding that email to a VW BB push address. This means no waiting on the emails and google's rock-solid spam filters.

Now the trick is that I would like to keep my main email address as the alias that shows when sending emails... I don't want anyone to see the useless [email address].

Is there an easy way that I could keep both accounts on the phone but simply toggle my personal email so that it does not receive mail? I think this would be my best solution.

Please let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks!

Jason
Offline   Reply With Quote