View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
ainvar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0

I prefer to do my own updates instead of having them automactically pushed down to my device. I like to know what is going on my phone as much as possible incase I dont need what the update has to offer or if downgrading is a needed option for my needs. I feel the more people want it done for them takes away from the rest of us who likes to have control in our loves and the property we own.

I dont find it all that hard to do an upgrade I read the directions (if needed) and follow the steps, I dont find it that hard as long as you pay attention and follow the instructions. I dont even allow my xp machine to pull down auto updates I do them myself both at home and at work. I do have a wsus server that I use to push it out the machines I have to support since I know what is going on them.

I feel that way too many people want every little thing done for them and it is taking away the ability to do them yourself like it should be.

Sorry this hit a sore spot for me and this is not a bash of any kind, it is just me spilling out my toughts on the subject.

We the unwilling led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing