View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 07:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatreguy
cd, not to flame war with you but no, i'm not a "blackberry encyclopedia" as you term yourself. you seem to enjoy technology and answering folks' questions about it. i'm sure it's appreciated. but i don't change my own oil or cut my own grass. and when I buy a "plug and play" phone, as it were, i expect it to work and not require my own time installing an update two months later to fix bugs. yes, if it were billed as a "Phone for Experienced BlackBerry users" or as a phone wherein Enterprise tech people would handle all updates, fine. but the 7100 is billed as a phone for EVERYDAY users. that's my problem. i'm not lazy. you're reading more into what i wrote and generalizing way too much about the rest of my life.

In your earlier post you wrote:
"Being that RIM has only recently put something on the market for the 'ordinary user', I'd expect something to come along at somepoint." That's an extremely intelligent statement and I hope you're right.
^^^ What jibi said!

Either way, I could see an occasional opt-in mailing list or something for updates where it gives you a URL to click on and it loads an activex component simular to windows update to update the handheld.

cd.