View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
CoreyVisto
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Planning on getting the curveeeeee

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, I do not yet have a bb curve, but I hopefully plan to buy one tomorrow. 3 months ago I signed up for t-mobile (2 year contract.) I hopped on the SideKick 3 bandwagon with the 300 myfav minute and unlimited sidekick plan. I know, I know, I haven't had the phone very long, but I am willing to pay the full ($449) for the bb curve.) My main gripes with the SK3 are it's slowness and childish operating system. Don't get me wrong, I love having the aim/msn and yahoo messenger on there, it's the main reason I bought the phone. From reading some posts on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that the BB curve is capable of using aim/msn/yahoo just like if I were on a computer, fast and snappy message handling. Am I correct on that? Can the built in IM programs do that, or will I really need to buy the IM messenger that seems fairly popular on this board?

I consider myself a closet nerd, and I feel like the sidekick isn't really doing the job. Is the curve that much better? I look at the pictures of the beautiful screen, and os, and it just seems amazingly flawless.

I was lookin at: Review: BlackBerry Curve - PaulStamatiou.com

One thing that really stood out was the Google Maps application. I know that is the ATT version of the curve, so does the t-mobile version have that? I find myself always getting lost while driving and I feel like that could really be useful. Is the map program built in? Or do I have to purchase it/download it?

Having a well, thought-out operating system is key to my purchase, I enjoy clean styles, clean menu's and it seems like the BB has that.

So, is it really worth paying $450, and then having to up my plan price about 5 dollars more a month?

The SK3 only hold 100 txts at one time, does the BB have a limit?

P.S. Can someone take a picture of the included aim program, google maps, text message folders/email folders for me?

Thank you for reading my novel !

Last edited by CoreyVisto : 11-20-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote