View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by avial View Post
Jibi - I have definitely spent some time discussing your approach to BES device CAL licensing with some coworkers. Is RIM's stance on this documented anywhere? I assume they don't say that the CALs you receive through BES Express can only be used with that specific BES Express Server CAL but I never bothered going through the entire ToS either.

As for the OP's question, I, and many others surely, find RIM's naming scheme very annoying because it instantly conjures thoughts of limited functionality when in fact the only limitation is license limit.
Although it may have changed, when I last went through the ToS, it simply stated that you were able to get one SRP and one CAL for a unique device and email address. This was not limited to one per person or one per company. This may have changed since I last built up a cheap test environment (I've since moved to an enterprise SRP and 100 CALs).