View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry8830

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0

So, i bought the sidekick as a test vs the blackberry....i must say the sidekick is very nice and the keyboard is amazing...the blackberry's keyboard is a little tighter than the sk's...

the email client on the SK is TERRIBLE....i set up yahoo mail on the sk and i sent myself an email to that address i set up, it took twice the amount of time to get on the sk than it did 2 get on the computer...

the web browser on the sidekick renders web pages nicely as far as the layout goes, but the speed of data transfer is horrific...with all my bars in service it was just about the same amount of time as Sprint without EV-DO...so imagine how much faster sprint is....

the IM client on the sk is amazing, of course thats exactly what it is most known for...

the user interface is very simple and very very user friendly, it took approx. 1 day to learn all the shortcuts, etc.

the calender on the sidekick is decent, the blackberry calender seems simpler and easier to use...

the notepad was a big thing for me considering i rap, so i needed something that would be always available for me to type lines, ideas, etc on...with that said the notepad is decent...it is not as extensive as i thought it would be, i was expecting more of a microsoft "word"-esque notepad...

the myspace app was a nice touch seeing as you can message people, view messages and events, and view profiles...but i only use myspace as a marketing tool for my music...so its really not incredibly important...

the download catalog was decent, the sidekick really just offers programs that t mobile has made for it, no 3rd party apps....this was a BIG turnoff for me...

finally...

the SERVICE....T MOBILE is possibly the WORST service provider ive ever been with, my calls and signal were dropped constantly...the browser, email and im wouldnt work if the network was down...and seeing as how it was down QUITE OFTEN i couldnt do much with it in certain places....

sooo....after all that, i would def keep the sidekick had it not been for t mobiles TERRIBLE service...

i will be returning the Sidekick LX for a full refund...

now the question is, do i want a BlackBerry 8830 or wait for the Curve to come out on sprint? any suggestions?....
Offline   Reply With Quote