View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

It honestly doesn't matter how much a company makes. Assuming there are laws in place to protect consumers, then a company with a lot of money does not supercede the law.

If no one knows a lawyer or is a layer, then try and contact the Canada Consumer Protection Agency to see if they can possibly look into this matter. If I lived in Canada and was affected by this change in policy, I would contact them myself.

And FYI, there is a precedence in Canadian courts for providers making claims of unlimited services.

Also, here's some good reading concerning your laws up there.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/i...emID=1312&lg=e

Simply put, if their limit is 50MB, then put 50MB. If its 25MB, then put 25MB. If its 5MB, then put 5MB. If its unlimited, then put unlimited. A does not equal B, and apples are definitely not oranges. And if they don't understand simple mathematics, then ask to use the Telus CEO's wife as your own since he doesn't seem to have a problem with one thing equaling another that isn't.

Last edited by jibi : 07-09-2005 at 03:08 PM.