View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
bradg33

Model: 700wx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Default Considering trading Sprint 700WX for Sprint 8830

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

I'm currently on Sprint with a Treo 700WX. While I like the phone, it's a little bit more than I need as far as capabilities. Also, I don't care much for Windows Mobile. What I'm really looking for is mobile email, calendar, and light web browsing (reading the news, looking up phone numbers/addresses for restaurants). It seems like the 8830 is a streamlined version of what I want. I don't care about the lack of camera, and I like the fact it does not have a touch screen (I live in constant fear that I will break/scratch mine). That being said, I've found a guy who wants to trade his 8830 for my Treo. Anyone have any experience trading phones and can offer some advice? I've never done anything like this, so I'm a bit hesitant. It seems to me that as long as his ESN is clean, there should be no problem. Also, I use GMAIL. Any problems there? From my research, there doesn't appear to be any, but it never hurts to ask. To further complicate matters, I am on a Sprint SERO plan. According to their CS, once I'm switched over to some new billing system, they can put me on the $30 blackberry plan. Any thoughts/hints/suggestions/rants regarding that? Really I'm just looking for some objective advice regarding my situation. So feel free to offer up any thoughts on trading, the 8830 v. 700WX, etc. Thanks in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote