View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
coppertop

Model: NT1YT
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Email and Device Quandry

Please Login to Remove!

I've been using a Treo 750 for sometime now and for a brief period of time, I could access my work email through a POP server. Unfortunately, the POP server went by the waist-side and now we are using an exchange server.

There is the ability for BBerry users to access their email but non-BBerry users seem to be out in the cold.

It is my understanding I could get my email by leaving my laptop at work and on via an application like Xpress Mail but I don't feel comfortable leaving my laptop at work and running.

I'm looking for opinions on two fronts. First, does anyone know of any way to get email under these conditions on a non-BBerry phone?

Second, has anyone been in a similar position and switched from the Treo to the BBerry? The BBerry that I would go to would be the Curve. Any regrets? Anything you like about the BBerry more than you did about the 750?

If it wasn't for the increase in data cost, the choice would be a no-brainer but not only am I looking at the cost of the phone but also an increase in monthly services.
Offline   Reply With Quote