View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. Seuss

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Default Downloaded ringtone volume way too LOUD

Please Login to Remove!

I have looked but have not been able to find a post/thread that addresses this issue.

I downloaded a ringtone (a song in m4a format) that I have assigned to one particular contact. I have a different default ringtone and the ring volume in my profile is set to Normal. However, when this person calls the downloaded ringtone plays so load that it sounds like it is literally going to damage the speaker(s) in my Blackberry. Other than changing the profile settings (Loud, Vibrate, Quite, Normal, and Phone Only?) I don't know any way to adjust the volume specifically for individual ringtones. Even when scrolling through the various ringtone options, this tune plays louder than any other ringtone in the list. The ringtone was actually downloaded from a link on my carrier's website (AT&T) and not some questionable third rate source so I would have thought that the ringtone would have worked on my phone. Could someone please advise me on what to do about this. This is the first ringtone I have ever downloaded and at $2.50 I hate to waist money on something that isn't even usable. It's not "a little loud", it's "MAY DAMAGE MY PHONE LOUD!"

Last edited by Dr. Seuss : 12-09-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Title change
Offline   Reply With Quote