View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
johnling
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Seuss View Post
I have looked but have not been able to find a post/thread that addresses this issue.

I downloaded a ringtone (a song in m4a format) that I have assigned to one particular contact. I have a different default ringtone and the ring volume in my profile is set to Normal. However, when this person calls the downloaded ringtone plays so load that it sounds like it is literally going to damage the speaker(s) in my Blackberry. Other than changing the profile settings (Loud, Vibrate, Quite, Normal, and Phone Only?) I don't know any way to adjust the volume specifically for individual ringtones. Even when scrolling through the various ringtone options, this tune plays louder than any other ringtone in the list. The ringtone was actually downloaded from a link on my carrier's website (AT&T) and not some questionable third rate source so I would have thought that the ringtone would have worked on my phone. Could someone please advise me on what to do about this. This is the first ringtone I have ever downloaded and at $2.50 I hate to waist money on something that isn't even usable. It's not "a little loud", it's "MAY DAMAGE MY PHONE LOUD!"

I use a program called Goldwave. You can change the volume and save it. Goldwave allows you to change many things including recording your own tones, changing formats stc. I purchased it many years ago. I believe you can try before you buy it. You may find similar free programs. Check it out and go from there.

GoldWave - Audio Editing, Recording, Conversion, Restoration, & Analysis Software

9700, 8520 & Pearl -T-Mobile

Last edited by johnling : 12-09-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote