View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dr. Seuss

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Wireless
Post Thanks: 0

Thanks, I downloaded the GoldWave software but was ultimately unable to edit the file. I transfered/copied the file to my desktop using the media manager tool in the BB Desktop Mangement Software. The file is an MPEG4 audio file so it is copywrite protected and uneditable, even with all the additional updates for GoldWave. I decided I would download the song itself from the iTunes store for only $0.99 and then use the ringtone feature in iTunes. Well after all that I got a message saying that that particular song is no longer available to be converted to a ringtone :(. Not one to give up easily, I continued playing with my BB and discovered a solution. I had mistakenly thought that the profile settings (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only) were the same as ring volume. I found that within the Normal profile you can change the ring volume to loud, medium, low, escalating, etc. My Normal profile was set to loud. Although the particular download still sounded even a little loud on medium, it works great on escalating, which is how I wanted all of my call anyway, I just wasn't aware that it was an option. I am going to download the Audacity software too, I seem to recall hearing good things about that program before.

Thanks again everyone.
Offline   Reply With Quote