View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0
Lightbulb No go with RIM/TMobile, still need the Service Book (pretty please!)

Thanks for the suggestion. But as I mentioned in the original thread, I already went through the T-Mobile / RIM route. T-Mobile won't give me support because they don't know much about the SK65. RIM won't take the call because its not a RIM branded device. They have tried resetting and sending out the books but because of a network filter on the IPPP for ICS service books, only these models get the service books.

So... the only way to make this work is to have a 71/72/77XX series user *with BWC service* back up their IPPP for ICS service book so I can restore it on my handheld. Only then, the browser on the SK65 will work.

So I still ask the folks in here: if anyone with BWC service only would be willing to back up the IPPP and Browser Config service books, Im willing to compensate you for your time. Pretty please, with sugar on top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbairdjr
I had a similar problem with my 7780. I could get/send email, but could not get the web browser to work. I had the option to send the browsing service book, but it would not come to my handheld.
I called ATT/Cingular support, and eventually got transferred to RIM Support. They tried sending the service book, but it did not come to the handheld.
They had to reset my account, and my browser appeared.