View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
jchenelat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy Internet access problem on my Curve with Vodafone UK

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have problem with the internet access on my curve. In fact, since some days I can't browse the internet through either Blackberry or opera browser. Also, BBMaps and Google maps doesn't work anymore. BES Email is still working fine.

I called Vodafone who said that my APN access was disabled but they turn it on again but still the access is not working. I called them again and they says that my account is setup properly and I should check with the BES admin which I did but he says that the policy is not blocking from browsing the internet.

I already tried to reset the device and even wipe all the data but still no success.

One strange thing is that there is a link called "Vodafone Live" which launch somekind of Vodafone browser which manage to access the internet (it launchs a vodafone start page but then I can browse other website).

In TCP, I haven't got any configuration setup, I use to have one but with or without it, it doesn't change anything.

My main problem is that I can't use BBMaps, Google Maps or any application which needs to connect to the internet like BBWeather.... which is really annoying.

Does anybody has experienced a similar issue? Also, does anybody has an APN configuration which is working with Vodafone UK?

Thank you for your help

Julien