View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
nedzalife
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS
Post Thanks: 0

for the 3rd question - you should be able to shut off your cell phone attenna, just use wifi, and as long as you have a BIS plan, opera should still work.

for the 4th questions - Yes. The facebook app intercepts the email notifications that are pushed to your phone via BIS. The data traffic to / from facebook is also through BIS. It can be set up to use APN (non-BIS), however the email interception notifications do not work at that point

for your 5th question - as far as I know, If you have the name of your SSID displayed, you're connected to the wifi router. If it's yellow in colour, then it means either a.) it cannot talk to the BIS server to route your traphic via wifi instead of via edge, and only the wifi browser on the blackberry will use wifi at that point in time, or b.) your wifi router has encryption. My experience is that b.) is incorrect though, it's just something I've read. My experience is that your wifi will still show up green when you have encryption on your AP as long as it can contact the BIS server to route your data traphic via wifi instead of edge.

Last edited by nedzalife : 12-19-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote