View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
knucklebusted

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
Buy a GPS unit such as the Garmin Nuvi. You'll never look back. It doesn't matter if you loose your cell coverage. While GPS on a BB does work it isn't the same as buying a device built for navigation. They are small, use the same mini usb, and have an awesome interface.

Jared
I just downloaded the Nav4All software to play with. It seems interesting but..

I can second the above sentiment. I have been using a Garmin Quest for several years now, both in the car and on the motorcycle, with excellent results. You can fiddle with the BB and GPS, like I have been, but you will not get the functionality of a real dedicated GPS unit. Any of the newer basic units is so far ahead of the BB software that I wouldn't put them in the same category. It is better than nothing but not my first choice.

Even though Garmin has been bad mouthed a good bit in this forum, I've not had too much trouble contacting them by email. I've always gotten a reply within 24 hours. I'm even looking at a newer unit for my wife to use as I won't part with my battery powered, waterproof Quest, even if it doesn't tell me the names of the streets.

Just one man's opinion, worth what it costs.
Offline   Reply With Quote