Thread: Blackberry 9000
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #113 (permalink)
jibi
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Verizon owns 55% of Verizon Wireless. Vodafone owns the other 45% share. Verizon wants the Vodafone share, but Vodafone doesn't plan to give it up. Their joint effort towards LTE more than solidifies their partnership for the near-distant future. Keep in mind that it was less than 3 years ago that Vodafone was looking into buying a majority stake in the company and a bit more than a year ago that Verizon was looking at buying out Vodafone's stake in their love-child. The partnership won't be heading South any time soon.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline   Reply With Quote