View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Highfall
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Calender issues...

This is not a bug. It is easily reproduced in our environment. Have done everything RIM said to do, including MR3 and all Outlook patches. This and some other strange issues with calendars when you mix a delegate in are something I am waiting on a fix for myself. This is way to easy to reproduce for them not to know of the bugs. They even state an issue in the known bug list on MR4 that sounds like what you are seeing. No fix yet obviously, but at least they know what it is.

From my experience, all was well with calendaring until MS released Outlook 2003 SP2 and then things went to pot. Gut feeling says they are still working the bugs out from that...

Best thing if the exec has a delegate managing their calendar. Make sure all appointments go to the delegate only and not to both the delegate and the exec. Fixes a majority of the bugs seen. Of course I can not convince RIM to allow BES admins to turn off automatic processing of meetings as tentative, but that is another issue altogether...
Offline   Reply With Quote