View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Major2008

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default OTA Installation server setup 2008 [non BIS]

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys,

I am rolling out a service that delivers the mobile client OTA via an sms URL link. Working great for all other devices but with Blackberry it's causing problems.

It is a typical web server setup with all MIME types configured correctly. The server delivers JAD/JAR for J2me, SIS for symbian, CAB for windows and trying to deliver the blackberry client as JAD/COD combo.

The COD is BB certified and installs and runs great when from the desktop. It is 180kb in size.

The client is designed for BB 8700, 8800, 8100 etc. with OS > 4.0

We tried to break the cod up into in separate COD elements - it downloads and installs but this breaks the certification and we are using protected APIs.

I have tried on simple server through link to JAD [all mime types set correctly] and throws errors: 907 invalid COD: HTTP Error 500: internal Server Error

Other error when testing on different server:907 Invalid COD: HTTP Error 404: Not found.

I have read conflicting or dated guides about settings this up /file sizes etc. - but REALLY need some pro assistance to move pass this without spending too much time. While i like BB - it really has been the most problematic platform to work with sadly.

This is not a BIS solution and is running on a conventional Linux web server.

reaching out.....

Happy to send through JAD/COD combo for comment.

Thx. Maj

Last edited by Major2008 : 01-28-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote