View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ramsy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by underskybb View Post
14. Multilingual support:
Apple is an amazing company. Do you know any electronic device that has built in multilingual support, even at first generation iPod??? I was truly shocked when I saw my iPod mini in 2004 displaying Chinese character correctly on its black and white screen.

Yes, iPhone is amazing when you want to browse foreign websites. Since I receive many emails in East Asian languages, I would sometimes swap my SIM card to access those emails.

15. Secondly, do you know any phone that can receive foreign language text message natively? I don't, except iPhone.

I had used foreign phone in America that could input and output foreign language, but when you send the foreign text message to it within American network, it still fails. Not with iPhone, I can receive foreign text message from anywhere, may it be a Nokia 75 from ATT network or someone from another country, iPhone displays my sms in the correct language!

Simply amazing.
Just an FYI. The BlackBerry also has great east asian language support - both reading and input. I receive numerous e-mails in Chinese daily. Simplified and traditional chinese displays perfectly on my 8320 (and on my previous 8700). I also can input chinese characters on my 8320 (and on my previous 8700) through all the various input methods.

East Asian language support is not included in an American cell phone carrier's version of their Blackerry OS. However, it is very easy to download and upgrade your Blackberry OS to one that natively supports east asian languages (Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
Offline   Reply With Quote