View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
stirfryguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: Ask
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0
Default Windows mobile 6 user thinking of changing over to BB

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys

Before I begin, I did search the forums and did read a lot and learned a lot, but I had some more questions.

Background:
I have been a smartphone/ppc user for about 4 years and I am use to the Windows Mobile format. After much thinking and playing with a friends pearl for a little bit, I'm thinking of selling my current phone (Samsung i760) and getting the pearl.

questions:
1. Can I customize the home screen. With a ppc, I loved the pda functionality and I liked seeing my calendar on the front page with my schedule for the day. Is that possible with the pearl?

2. I was reading the data plans and I haven't found anything that compares to my current plan which I understand (BB vs non bb plan.) From reading engadget I can get a 29.99 plan with unlimited data and email. I probably have to get a txt plan, but is there a plan that has all three?

edit: I was reading about a generic data plan, does that mean that I can use my current data plan I have now and use it with a BB?

3. How is the bb software? With wm there is always a third party app that can be bought (weather, schedule, battery to name a few). I thought I remember reading there is bbweather but I can't remember for sure.

So in general, how different is using a BB compared to Windows mobile phones?

Thank you everyone :D I'm sure I will have more questions when I think of them.

Last edited by stirfryguy : 02-02-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote