Thread: IM client bugs
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheMatrix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default IM client bugs

Please Login to Remove!

Hello-

I've found another IM client bug. If for some reason you cannot connect to AIM, and it times out, it'll display something like "Communications Error" and go away - however several times it just stays there, and no button will remove it. The first few times I was forced to power off the phone, and this time I tried ALT-ESC to bring up the active applications, which allowed me to switch to the Home Screen. However if I want to use the IM client again, I have to power cycle the phone.

Also, it will not load my usual screen name that has about 75 contacts - it just hangs and displays the error above. Or sometimes it will connect, but show only one contact.

And, this is a missing crucial feature and not a bug - there are no timestamps! What's the point of being able to save a conversation when you have no idea when it took place?

And let's not forget...I IMed myself once from my computer, and it took about 10 seconds to reach my 7100. I replied, and it took about 2 seconds to reach my computer. I replied on the computer and all future attempts took THREE HOURS!!! for it to reach my 7100.

I'm really annoyed about the poor quality of the IM client. It's so full of bugs, it's on the edge of being false advertising.

TM