| | is my blackberry dead for good
Please Login to Remove!
i was in the airport updating my 8320 BB curve when it turned of, after that it started showing an hourglass then stops and shows a red light then stops and shows hourglass, and repeats
i have tried everything i could find
i tried reinstalling the os but it never gets past the second part when its tryin to reconnecting jvm. after it finishes that it says unable to reconnect to device during multi-stage connection or something like that. i used this guide
Advanced Force Reload Of O/S On Blackberry
Thanks to Docdrilla for this portion of the walkthrough!
Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.
Solution: The following walkthough!
FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.
1. Install the desktop software.
2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
7. Select the application loader icon.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cordand re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.
and i also tried javaloader -usb wipe but i get an error opening port
same with JL_CMDR. also i used loader.exe /nojvm that didnt work either.
when i connect the blackberry to the usb it makes the sound that says its connected then disconnected then connected with the battery out, if the batter is in and its plugged into the usb the usb toggles on and off when the phone toggles from hourglass to red light
please if someone knows how to fix the problem please help me
Last edited by nuttyuu : 02-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.