View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
chaz0872

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default BeamBerry Doc Attachment

I recently downloaded BeamBerry and am pleased with the document viewing capability it provides. This was a tool to use with the other new addition to my BB8800, mini SD Card. My hopes was that I could attached files from my SD card to emails. I am unable to do so and even followed the prescribed process from another post:

1. *Use copy/paste in the BeamBerry file viewer to copy the file that you would like to attach to an e-mail message from your SD card to BeamDisk
2. *When composing an e-mail, use the "Attach from BeamDisk" feature

In the future we will add "Attach from SD Card" feature to make this process one step rather than two.

This process did not work for me. I can view the files no problem, select and copy but when I go to the email and select "Attach from BeamDisk the "Attachments" section just says *Empty*. If I select the menu the only option I have is "add attachments". If I select that it takes me back to the BeamBerry Browser. I can highlight a file but the only menu options are "refresh" and "full menu". If I select "full menu" the only options are "refresh" and "close". This then becomes a never-ending cycle.

I really need the ability to attach files from my SD to emails. The above process does not work for me. Please let me know how this can be done successfully.
Offline   Reply With Quote