View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
shrinkopath

Model: 88xx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: don't know
Post Thanks: 0
Default About to get a BB. Looking for service provider in UK

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all

I am a total newbie, both to these fora and also to the beast itself....so go easy on me!

I'm looking to get a BB 88xx, to use as a phone for my buisness (self-employed) and also to use push e-mail, send and receive texts and do some internet browsing.

But as all the terms are new to me, I'm getting comfused.

I'm currently with Orange, who will upgrade me to BB 8820 or 8120 for small fee. Their voice and data plans mean that the addition of their 5 per month is still going to be cheap for me. But that is for 5mb

I had a look at t-mobile, and they seem to promise 50mb, and unlimited web browsing (although I'm not clear if you have to pay for that separately). This would be a little more expensive, and would involve swapping providers. BUT is it worth it? AND they have the 8800 and NO 8820

I have NO IDEA what kind of data volume I'm going to be using. I get 20 e-mails a day (perhaps with 2 or 3 word documents attached to one of them) and send about the same. There are some sites it's helpful to check for work, and others that are just for fun (amazon etc), but I don't see myself browsing the net all day.

So I guess I'm asking for general words of wisdom, and particularly would be interested to know how much data other people end up using, and can anyone guess what I may be likely to use? (I won't hold you to it and send you my bill if it's loads more!!)

Thanks for reading!

Shrinky
Offline   Reply With Quote